(HIB) – Every year, an estimated 40 million Americans suffer from indoor and outdoor allergies, and managing everyday life can be challenging when also faced with troublesome symptoms, like sneezing and itchy, watery eyes.
Long-time allergy sufferer Brooke Burke-Charvet recently teamed up with the makers of non-drowsy Claritin to star in a short film, “The Difference is Clear,” which is available now on the brand’s YouTube Page – www.YouTube.com/Claritin. The film is a crazy, over-the-top look at two versions of one busy woman’s day who is juggling work, life and family while also dealing with allergies.
“My life is pretty hectic – from raising four kids, to hosting Dancing with the Stars, being co-CEO of Modern Mom.com and releasing a fitness DVD,” says Burke-Charvet. “It’s important for me to keep my allergy symptoms under control, to help me be at my best, on and off camera. I take Claritin for non-drowsy, 24-hour relief from my worst allergy symptoms. It’s proven to keep me as alert and focused as someone without allergies. I’m so excited that I had the opportunity to star in ‘The Difference is Clear,’ it was fun to act out the two versions of my character’s day in such a crazy, over-the-top way.”
To view “The Difference is Clear” and behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot, visit www.Youtube.com/Claritin.
Here are some tips that can help allergy sufferers, like Brooke, be at their best this spring, and all year-round:
* Treat immediately: Have allergy medicine on hand and start taking it as soon as symptoms start.
* Know your nemesis: Recognize what causes your allergy symptoms; if grass pollen is one of your triggers, wear a mask when mowing the lawn or avoid mowing altogether.
* Wash wisely: Shower and wash hair immediately after returning indoors to remove pollen and prevent it from being transferred to furniture and linens.
* Cover up: Keep windows in the home and car closed. In the car, set the air conditioner on recirculate; at home, be sure to change filters often.
* Check the pollen forecast: Peak pollen production occurs in the early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day. Get the pollen counts for your area with the Claritin Allergy Forecast on www.Claritin.com, or on your mobile phone at mobile.Claritin.com.