(HIB) – Now that summer is over you might not be showing as much skin, but that doesn’t mean you should stop taking care of it. Colder months present unique challenges for keeping skin moisturized, protected and smooth.
By following the tips below during the fall and winter months, you can avoid dryness, itching and other skin damage associated with dry, cold weather – and you can enjoy the benefits of healthy skin even when the climate is working against you:
* Moisturize. Keeping the moisture level up in your skin is important all year-round, but it’s an absolute necessity when the dry, cold air of winter arrives. When the dryness becomes especially persistent and intense, it’s important to opt for a lotion that’s up to the task of protecting and moisturizing your skin. For those extremely dry times where you can’t seem to lather up with enough lotion, Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion can help. It has an advanced formula enhanced with Gluco-Glycerol that moisturizes for more than 24 hours and alleviates extremely dry skin — and recently earned the Good Housekeeping Seal.
* Humidify. You can’t change the weather outside, but you can modify the climate indoors. If you find yourself constantly suffering from dry skin, try sleeping in a room with a humidifier, so skin can take a break from being exposed to dry air.
* Protect yourself from the sun. Even though the weather isn’t warm in most places, the sun can still harm skin during the winter months, so be sure to apply sunscreen before heading outdoors for extended periods. Do your skin two favors at once by using a lotion that also features SPF protection, such as Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 15 Moisturizing Body Lotion. Don’t forget lip balm with skin-protecting agents as well.
* Bundle up. The best way to avoid the wrath of cold, winter air is to put a barrier between it and your skin. Wearing gloves will both keep your hands warm and help prevent dry knuckles, which are so common in fall and winter. Cover the sensitive skin on your ears and neck with a hat and a scarf.
* Adjust bathing habits. A piping hot shower may feel like just what you need on a cold day, but skin care experts recommend turning it down a bit in temperature for a more skin-friendly wash. Use gentle soaps and cleaners that allow your skin to retain as much of its natural moisture as possible.
By implementing these few simple tips to keep your skin safe from harsh weather and replace the moisture it will naturally lose, you’ll be able to enjoy some of the year’s coziest months in comfort. For more skin care tips and products, visit www.eucerinUS.com.