(HIB) – ‘Tis the season to get ready for the holidays! This time of year is known for spending quality time with loved ones, so don’t forget to include your furriest family members in all of the festivities. Whether you’re decorating for the season or celebrating with some of your favorite traditions, invite Fido to join in on the fun. Instagram-famous dog Jiffpom is helping pet parents and their pups put the ‘howl’ in howl-idays this year with five ways to celebrate:
- Go on a sleigh (car) ride to tour the lights – Whether you have a favorite street decked-out with seasonal decor or just want to take a drive or walk, let your pup join in on the fun and come along for the ride. Use www.christmaslightfinder.com to find the best displays and be sure to bundle up appropriately!
- Sing some tunes together – Do you get into the holiday spirit with seasonal music? Try getting your dog to sing along! They may join in with a howl or two. Check out a channel like YouTube and find holiday songs for dogs to have a barking good time.
- Create the ultimate holiday photo – Sending cards around the holidays lends itself to creative photoshoot opportunities. Dress up with Fido and strike a pose in an ugly howl-iday sweater or festive hat to make some memories that your friends and family will enjoy. You can find holiday apparel for your dog at most in-store or online retailers.
- Get in the giving spirit – Don’t forget to include your pup on your shopping list! A holiday-themed chew toy is sure to spread some cheer. What else do we recommend? A warm bed or doggy booties to combat the outside temperatures. If you’re looking for new food, try Nature’s Recipe(R) Grain Free Chicken, Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Recipe to help fuel your dog’s wag all season long. The premium dog food can be found where you buy groceries!
- Personalize your decorations – Include your dog in your holiday decor. Consider fun projects like a DIY paw print ornament for your tree or a festive dog-themed wreath.
Try these tips to create some fun, festive memories that will last a lifetime. Remember to make the most of this howl-iday season and have a great new year!