(BPT) – Tips to help you prepare your home for holiday celebrations
‘Tis the season for big meals, festive gatherings and making memories that will last a lifetime. But hosting friends and family can be a daunting responsibility. In fact, nearly 40 percent of consumers say that entertaining guests is the most stressful part of their holiday season, according to a recent holiday survey. The good news is that there is still time to give your home a refreshed look. Need some inspiration? Check out these stress-free tips, which will leave your guests impressed.
- Purge the closets – Heading into the holiday season is the perfect time to clean the clutter from your closets. Not only will you make room for any house guests you may have to put their things, but you’ll also free up space for any new clothing you receive as gifts. Plus, you can give back to others by donating any lightly-used items to a local charity.
- Get ready to repair broken decorations and household items – The fact is that things get damaged during the excitement of the holidays. Use DAP RapidFuse All Purpose Adhesive to fix broken ornaments, tighten loose or creaky chair legs, and repair other broken items around the house before guests arrive. RapidFuse sets in just 30 seconds, is two times more durable than super glues and bonds virtually everything to anything – including wood, metal, glass, plastic, ceramic, and more. It’s also the ultimate stocking stuffer for everyone on your list.
- Refresh common surfaces – Give your home a fresh look and feel by washing walls, cleaning carpets and rugs, scrubbing tiles, and polishing woodwork. And if you have time, painting a room is an easy and inexpensive way to dramatically change the look and feel of your home with color.
- Stock the essentials – Your overnight guests won’t expect four-star hotel treatment, but having basic items in place will make your visitors more comfortable. Essentials include a working light, fresh sheets and pillows, extra blankets, bath towels and a power strip to charge devices overnight. Go the extra mile to impress your guests by leaving out magazines, snacks, hangers and mini toiletries such as mouthwash, shampoo and aspirin.
- Replace old, unsightly caulk – Throughout the year, your kitchen and bathrooms are exposed to high levels of water and moisture. This can lead to mold and mildew growth, and buildup of dirt and stains on the caulk. Make these areas look new again by removing the old caulk, thoroughly cleaning the area to remove any dirt or residue, and then re-caulking with DAP Kwik Seal Ultra Sealant. Not only does Kwik Seal Ultra repel water, liquids, soap scum, stains and dirt, but is also backed by a lifetime mold and mildew resistance guarantee so the sealant stays looking clean, fresh and new.
- Relax and enjoy the celebration – Planning a holiday celebration takes time and energy, but don’t forget to step back and take in all the good times.
Learn more about how DAP products can get your home guest-ready for the holiday season at www.dap.com.